A concentration of 0. These substances had been found to be potent inhibitors of thyroid peroxidase or I organification. Resorcinol as well as 2- and 5-methylresorcinol had been reported to be At an iodide concentration of zero.
As is well known in dermal absorption studies, the character of the vehicle has a great influence on the absorption of a compound. Resorcinol seems to be absorbed a lot better from anti-zits preparations than from the hair dye preparations underneath regular usage situations.
Hence, an improved biodegradation fee leads to lowered dangers for the environment. Regarding the results of resorcinol on aquatic species, the toxicity knowledge set consists of a variety of species from completely different trophic ranges. Results from exams with completely different aquatic species from totally different trophic ranges are available for the acute toxicity of resorcinol to aquatic organisms.
- From its use in topical medication and from restricted information from occupational studies, resorcinol does not appear to be irritating to the pores and skin within the concentrations reported.
- After topical use of high concentrations of resorcinol, CNS disturbances, corresponding to dizziness, vertigo, confusion, disorientation, amnesia, or tremors, or red blood cell changes, corresponding to methaemoglobinaemia, haemolytic anaemia, haemoglubinuria, or cyanosis, have been reported.
- Biological observations had been carried out day by day.
- There have been no printed animal studies exhibiting thyroidal results with a dose—response relationship that could be used for a tolerable consumption.
- Resorcinol caused no antagonistic effects in a number of copy and developmental toxicity studies in rats and rabbits.
- Under cardio situations, resorcinol proved to be readily biodegradable in a check performed in accordance with OECD TG C, and it is likely to be biodegraded underneath anaerobic circumstances.
From its use in topical medication and from limited information from occupational studies, resorcinol doesn't look like irritating to the pores and skin in the concentrations reported. Van Leeuwen et al. There isn't any indication as as to if the teratogenic effects have been endocrine mediated or not EC, c. In humans, dermal publicity to resorcinol has been reported to be associated with thyroid effects, CNS disturbances, pink blood cell adjustments, and a low incidence of pores and skin sensitization. Five of 3.
The elimination was biphasic, with half-lives of 18—21 min and 8. The 14 C activity was rapidly distributed in main tissues corresponding to muscle tissue, kidneys, and liver, with out indication of bioaccumulation Merker et al. Any new information being provided in the course of the OECD assessment will be provided to the IPCS so that an addendum could be prepared for consideration.
Although thyroid effects are a significant finish-level in each human case-studies and animal studies, there is a lack of consistency within the results in the animal research. Resorcinol caused no antagonistic effects in a number of reproduction and developmental toxicity studies in rats and rabbits. Resorcinol isn't thought-about to be genotoxic.
Determination of resorcinol conjugates within the h urine samples after 14 days of continuous product therapy showed that a maximal 23 mg 2. Assuming a physique weight of sixty four kg IPCS, provides an publicity estimate of zero. In a report based on client research knowledge Gans, , underneath affordable most-use situations i.
More usual-use circumstances would result in exposures of about zero. Further details were not given.